- Fashion house Balenciaga releases trash bags worth Rs 1.4 lakh (USD $1,790).
- The trash bag was revealed at Balenciaga’s Winter 22 Collection fashion show.
- Twitter went into a frenzy of shock and anger.
The Balenciaga trash bag, which the brand calls a ‘trash pouch’, is made from calfskin leather with a glossy coating. It comes in four different colours including black, white, blue and yellow and has drawstrings which can be pulled to close them before the ties are fixed.
The bag, released at Balenciaga’s Winter 22 Collection fashion show, has left the internet talking. While some luxury lovers are excited to get their hands on the designer product, others are stunned. Can’t blame, why would somebody pay such a massive amount for a trash bag?
‘Baburao Ka Kachcha’ for Rs 15,000? Overly-priced ordinary ‘Grandpa’ shorts causes stir
Viral: Desperate passengers at airport crawl through hatches at baggage reclaim to find their luggage [WATCH]
The bag’s cost invited hilarious memes and comments on Twitter. To say the least, most Twitter users went into a frenzy of shock and rage. “If you can afford to spend $1,790 on a #Balenciaga fashion accessory that looks like a trash bag, you should have enough cash in the bank to fill it up with cash and donate it to your nearest charity,” wrote one user.
Balenciaga trash bag
Another user stated, “If you’re walking around with a Balenciaga trash bag you spend $1,700 on I will send some men I know to rob you.”
‘Most expensive Macca’s meal’: McDonald’s breakfast costs tourist Rs 2 lakh after dog catches scent at airport
Alia Bhatt’s fashion evolution: Kurtas to dresses to bags – different ways to style black
“The next time someone calls me a trash bag I’m gonna assume we’re talking about the Balenciaga thingy,” wrote one.
Some Twitter users voiced their opinions on luxury fashion. “Balenciaga has a trash bag for sale for $1,795. I think designer fashion is a morbid social experiment,” wrote a user.
Meanwhile, Balenciaga is known for its controversial luxury items. In May 2022, they released the ‘Rubbish Bin’ shoes for over Rs 2 lakhs (US$2,590).
- Balenciaga Debuts $1,800 Trash Bag That 'Looks Exactly Like Hefty'
- Balenciaga's 'most expensive trash bag in the world' is $1,790
- Internet Roasts Balenciaga Trash Bag For Being 'Most Expensive' Trash
- Balenciaga's Trash-Bag Pouch Inspires Social Media Reactions
- Balenciaga drops ‘most expensive trash bag in the world’ for $1,790